"Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
~ Psalm 90:12
As we look ahead at the next few years, seeking God's guidance and asking for wisdom to see clearly the direction he would have us go, the elders of PBC believe that the Lord is calling us into a season of intentional and focused evangelism. There are many important functions and ministries of a local church, but God has laid on our hearts the pressing weight of knowing the thousands of people right here in Livingston County who are our neighbors, co-workers, classmates, family and friends that do not know the saving power of Jesus Christ in their lives!
As an old-time preacher once said, "It's time to move the gospel from the seats to the streets!"
We are asking God for a harvest of over 500 conversions by the year 2020!
These are people who will move from death into life, from darkness into light, from slavery in sin to freedom in Christ! As people are saved, we will see broken families reforged, broken marriages restored, addicts set free, hope granted and joy exploding all over our county.
In order to connect & equip over 500 more people to follow Jesus by 2020, here are just some of the goals, priorities and dreams we have for the coming years. Will you join us in prayer for these things and the 500 conversions by 2020?
- Update (remodel) our Worship Center to improve the environment and atmosphere of our worship services.
- Improve the quality of hospitality and fellowship on Sunday mornings.
- Grow to 20 Connection Groups with 10-12 people per group.
Partner with the Hope Pregnancy Center to remodel and build a free ultrasound clinic.
- FOCUS Initiative–meet with local community leaders to discover unmet needs and maximize the impact of our mercy ministries and local outreach.
- Grow the youth group to 120 teens.
- Launch a third service on Saturday or Sunday.
- See all PBC Partners involved in a Connection Group.
- Build an on-site playground for church and community kids.
- Send a mission trip to Brazil in February 2017.
- Preach, study and read through the entire Bible together in the year.
- See over 500 conversions by 2020.
- Launch a mid-week children's ministry.
- Build a new Worship Center and move the youth group into the existing space.
- Continue restructuring our budget so that 30% is allocated toward local, regional and global missions.
- Hire an Executive Pastor.
In everything we do, we intend to intentionally and systematically reach out to our local communities, demonstrating the love of Christ as we serve them, bless them and seize opportunities to share the gospel with them.